God's Man | Job 29 | The Blessed Home


The Blessed Home

So as we continue this look at Job 29 we reach verses 4-6

4 Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, 

5 when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, 

6 when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil. 
 Like I mentioned in yesterday's post Job understood that his life was blessed because God was with him.  In this set of verses we see Job recognizing that God not only gave light and direction to the darkness of this life, he also provides for our needs.  In verse 6 Job says that his path was drenched with cream.  He is describing a life that was softened because God was there.  He also mentions that out of the rock poured streams of olive oil.  God is able to provide for us even in the hard/dry times.  I have enjoyed talking to people who have neglected to participate in the recession.  There minds are not focused on what is happening all around them and they know that God will provide.  So why worry?  In our house we remind ourselves that We Are Worth More Than Birds.

Do you believe that?  Do you believe that there is a God in Heaven who is actively taking care of you?  If not then maybe you should talk to him.

My prayer for you today is that you recognize that God has made provision for you.  All you need to do is talk to Him.  He will reveal His will for your life.

God's Man

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Recent Movies that Have Influenced Me Spiritually...

God's Man | Portrait of a Godly Man

God's Man | Biblical Manhood