God's Man | Portrait of a Godly Man

Christian Women the world over have looked to Proverbs 31 as a model for Godly Women.  That has always left me with this question.  What is a Godly Man?  In the book of Job we find a man that God called blameless.  During his lament in chapter 29 Job paints a picture of a Godly Man.  It gives us things to focus on as we strive to be men of God.

 

A Godly Man needs God’s Provision

 

 Job continued his discourse:

"How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me, when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness!  Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams  of olive oil.  – Job 29 1:-6

 

Even though Job is in the middle of a bitter lament he knows that his entire life was built on the provision of God.  He knows that God protects not just His life but also the lives of His family, His investments, and His future.  Even with the tragedies visited upon Job in chapters 1-2, He knew that it was only because of God.  It is the failures in life that we learn the most from. 

 

In order to create the purest gold it has to go through the hottest fire.  This allows the impurities to surface and be skimmed off.  Precious gems have to be honed and cut to remove imperfections that lower its value.  Computer hardware is vigorously testing in order to identify damages.  God let’s us go through the storms to shake loose the imperfections in us.

 

Reflections:

Can you point out a time in your life that God’s delivered you?

 

 

 

 

 

What challenges has God allowed in your life to focus you?

 

 

 

 

 

Action Plan:

Everyday for the next month identify ways that God is taking care you.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Recent Movies that Have Influenced Me Spiritually...

God's Man | Biblical Manhood